There’s a good few out there already, some of them even with answers that are detailed and balanced. Here are a few of the questions that we get asked the most – generally from members of the public who sidle up to us in a quiet moment and ask, ‘but don’t you…?’ If you’re thinking that you might have a good few things in common with pagans, or know someone who’s leaning that way that you’re concerned about, relax, to be concerned about your friends, family or yourself is only a good thing, it shows you care. Most folks know that what they know about paganism isn’t right, but don’t know what exactly is, so here are a few of the golden oldies:
- Obligatory first question on any pagan FAQ anywhere: Do pagans worship the devil?
- Isn’t Wicca all about teenagers all trying to be like edgy and that?
- How do I know if I’m a pagan?
- Do pagans have a holy or sacred book? What about temples and priests?
- Isn’t witchcraft all about secrecy? I heard covens are closed groups
- Drugs? What about using mind altering substances?
- Do you dance around stone circles naked? / Is paganism all about orgies and sex rituals?
- Do I have to have a full set of expensive tools?
We hope these help to be going on with. If you are pagan and have come across a question that non-pagans have asked you about paganism, please send it in, and we’ll put it here, together with your response! If you’d like to add your response to these questions, e-mail or tell us and we’ll add it. Conversely if you are a non-pagan and have questions, just e-mail us and we’ll do our best to answer 🙂